The article starts with this statement
Pretty much all of the big, important books of the year are already released or soon-to-be-released by now, so it’s not too soon for “Best of 2012″ lists to start rolling in. Amazon has made its choices — some bold, some expected — for its top 100 books of the year. Here is the top 10 — decide for yourself whether Amazon’s picks will make your holiday list. We’ll be coming out with our own list soon, so stay tuned!
Read the rest here
Here’s the thing
I haven’t read any of them, which seems weird. If they are the top ten books, shouldn’t I have read at least one?
What about you? Have you read any of these books? If you have, are they the best of the year? Should I be reading them?
1. The Round House by Louise Erdrich
2. The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
4. The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
5. Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain
6. Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity by Katherine Boo
7. A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers
8. The Middlesteins by Jami Attenberg
9. Mortality by Christopher Hitchens
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green